Tuesday, September 29, 2009

purpose

It's there...your purpose. It's in everything. 

lately, i have been so caught up in me. in my goals, my desires, my kingdom. when things get crazy...i lose my purpose. i become goal-driven and me-driven really. everywhere i go...that's what they tell me it's about. performance. 

it's vain. and empty. and i have to know my purpose. because if its about me...then its not worth it. 

there is a God...who made me. and knows me. and I belong to Him...created for His glory. 

and i am reminded of that when i sit...and i let my thoughts focus on who He is. and I know that my anxious spirit can rest in Him. 

there are people all around me...right now. i am sitting in a building full of souls...full of different stories. but our hearts are all beating....and all creating kingdoms. individual, vain kingdoms that will fade away. 
we could be single minded, whole hearted, with God's kingdom as our goal and our prize. i choose that. that purpose. it's a choice...to deny the kingdom that i have built for myself...and chase after His, knowing my purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment