Tuesday, September 8, 2009

stop.

I love those moments when you want to laugh out loud and freeze time and shout from the rooftops that it's good. 

Moments when you stop and see things for how they are. When you not only understand your current position in the world, but your purpose. Currently...I am a college student. That's where I am for the next two years. I have two more falls and two more springs in this town. At times, I am sick of it all...the structure....viewing the daily as mundane. Asking God...why can't I go now...I'm ready. Then,  I see it. I see a sun ray shining through the tree's or dimple in a child's cheek. I hear a story of redemption and hearts reconciled. I get it. It's good.

I have been given this day. And this day is a part of my next two years in this stage of life. And this day is unique. There is adventure and beauty in this day. There are new faces and new stories in this day. 

There is courage and forgiveness and hope.  

It may look like other days...but it's not....it's today. and it's a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment