Thursday, September 10, 2009

sharpened

"as iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" proverbs 27:17

I would say that I have been sharpened this week. There are people  who live their lives in such a way that it gives testimony to who God is and the importance of the gospel of Christ. There are people who will communicate misunderstandings in order to make our friendship richer. There are people who invite you into their presence and allow you to see who they are. genuine. lovely.

It is easy to search for favor with these people....to attempt to earn their forgiveness when I have wronged them, or to believe that I have to impress with them with humor or wisdom. 

No, these people challenge me to walk confidently in who Christ is...it's never been about me. I am thankful for these people. The ones I live with especially. Because they have given me a more profound understanding of God's grace...and how freely He offers it to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment